Thank you so much for your patience and continued messages of support and encouragement. We sincerely appreciate it!
The health and safety of our guests and staff is at the heart was at of our re-opening plan, and we’re happy to say things have been running smoothly.
With these adjustments, Cusheon Lake Resort continues to be a safe and wonderful place for you to relax and recreate with family and friends.
Although some things are going to be a little different this year, we’ve gone to great lengths to enhance safety and preserve, whenever possible, the activities that you love at Cusheon Lake.
Here’s what to expect:
- All guests will receive a COVID-19 screening agreement/checklist via email prior to arrival.
- All staff will be screened at the start of each shift.
- Due to border closures and increased risk, we will not be hosting US or international guests this summer.
- We have utilized resources from BC CDC , WorkSafeBC and the BC Hotel Association to enhance our cabin cleaning protocols.
- All hard surfaces and frequent touchpoints will be disinfected using medical grade disinfectant.
- All kitchen equipment (dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc) will be sanitized.
- Other frequent touchpoints (railings, gates, etc) around the grounds of the resort will be routinely disinfected.
Social Distance Protocols:
– We ask that all guests and staff maintain a social distance at all times.
– In order to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to access the lake, limits on number of guests and duration-of-use will be applied to the beach area and the two swim docks.
– Contactless check-in and check-out
– Additional picnic tables have been installed labeled and positioned so that each cabin has their very own picnic table – for their use only.
– The hot tub will remain open, but use will be limited to one family/cabin at a time for 20 minutes at a time.
– Canoes and paddle boards will be available for use and will be routinely disinfected. Paddles and lifejackets will be available at the office and will be disinfected by staff after each use.
– The charcoal BBQ area will remain open, but only two grills will be available for use in order to create social distance
– Sports equipment (including the badminton net) will not be available.
– Games, puzzles, books and DVDs from the office, will not be available.
– We have installed a soap dispenser at the kitchen sink in each cabin to encourage frequent hand washing.
– You will receive important information from the resort via email, leading up-to and during your stay.
– In addition to this email, you will receive a ‘What to Pack’ email approximately a week prior to your check-in date – this will contain helpful information on what to bring to Cusheon Lake to help maximize your enjoyment during these strange times.
– You will also receive an email on the day before check-out – giving you some instructions on contactless check-out procedures.
– We’re moving the ‘Welcome to Your Cabin’ information booklets online for you to access during your stay.
– We’ve set up a dedicated service email address, so you can get answers and/or help during your stay, without having to go to the office.
– Attractions and restaurants are slowly re-opening with the required protective measures in place.
– Grocery stores are well-stocked and have appropriate distancing measuring in place.
We know that this all may seem like a lot…especially for what’s supposed to be a restful getaway.
But we’ve been working hard to make it easy and safe for you to be here to relax, recreate and reconnect with nature and with loved ones.
As always, feel free to give us a call or drop us an email if you have any questions or concerns.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!